Monday, September 12, 2011

Could it be any more flooded?


Saturday we set out in pursuit of some DELICIOUS HoneyCrisp apples at DuBois Farm. Little did we know that we were on a wild goose chase to find a raod there that wasn't covered in water. We spent about 1 1/2 in the car and still came up short. We finally settled for Stone Ridge Orchard, but I was a little disappointed with the "experience" and they weren't any fresh apple cider donuts to ease my disappointment.

Jack could care less - this is his dream come true. This child LOVES apples. He eats them all - core, seeds, stem, he's not a distinguisher of parts, types or color. He was thrilled and loved lugging the bag around saying, "It so hebby (heavy)" I couldn't help but crack up his Gus-Gus ness: you know the mouse on Cinderella that piles a huge stack of corn under his chin..... Jack took notes and did the same to his apples.


Lyv is right there with Jack in loving the apples, but these were a little sour. So we'll be making a trip to DuBois farm before apple season is over!

Jack also started Preschool today.


(notice the rubberband braclet - oh what an accessorizer! It reminds me of my mom's jewelery!)

He and Lyv are in for a year of fun! I hope that I stick with it as good as I did with Sam last year. I do have to say that Jack exceeded my expectations for participating - he hung in there for 45 minutes and did all that I asked him to do. The biggest disappointment came when he realized that he didn't get to ride the bus with Sam - soon enough little buddy! I'm super excited to spend this one on one time with Jack, he is a ton of fun.

No comments: