Sunday, September 9, 2012

Jack's Carnival Party

Because we'll be moving next year, I decided that this last year in New York we'd throw a birthday party for all of the kids with the friends they have made the past three years.  Jack's birthday theme: CARNIVAL PARTY!  I kind of had to coax this out of him because the only thing we wanted for his birthday was cake that looked like a Rootbeer.  I thought it might be a stretch to plan a whole party based on Rootbeer. So Carnival it was.  It turned out really well and minus a mini down pour all went well.
 Shawn and I transformed the garage into a carnival complete with all sorts of games: Marble Track Race (Jack's Favorite! - seriously this is the best/cheapest/easiest toy ever, my kids have been playing it a ton!)
 
Funny Photo Booth (Latin Princess)
Sharp Shooter Range
Bean Bag Toss
Ring Toss

Shawn was the official Sno Cone Maker - I told him I'd only accept one with a smile, just like the girls who work at Snoasis in Idaho!)
 Jack blowing out his candles

We pigged out on carnival food: corn dogs, kettle corn, watermelon, apples with carmel dip, snow cones, and of course the cake and Rootbeer Float cupcakes!  We had fun with friends and that is always the best part of the evening. This was the parting shot - such a beautiful sunset.  

2 comments:

Jennilyn said...

Awesome cake Meg! That was a great idea for a party. Happy Birthday Jack-o

Freeman Family said...

Happy Birthday Jacko! I love the fact he was content shopping at Dollar General! He is so stinkin cute and I love the carnival party idea! Give him a big sloppy kiss from us!