Tuesday, September 4, 2012

First Day of 1st Grade

Sam started 1st grade today, and was thrilled to be heading back to Anna Devine.  He has Ms. Yonnetti, and has several of his old classmates from kindergarten in his class.  He headed out like a pro and returned like he hadn't been on summer vacation.  His favorite part about the day was lunch because he got to be with his best friend Logan.

First day of school outfits were always a big thing for me growing up, so I think I've made an effort to pass this on.  This is the outfit of Sam's choice, especially his shoes.  These Reeboks were a subject of great debate for Sam and I.  I wanted a more "neutral" Nike high top, but Sam insisted that these Reeboks would make him SUPER FAST!

2012-2013 is going to be prove to be the start of life in the fast lane for us.  With both Sam and Jack in school, as well as adding soccer and possibly wrestling for Sam, and baseball/t-ball for both, not mention church and oh yeah, nothing huge another baby - this will really be a test for my ability to chauffeur safely and promptly, as well as my ability to keep sane and keep up with groceries, housework, and laundry!  Truthfully I do look forward to these opportunity for the kids, I really think they learn a lot from being in school, church and team situations, but I can see that those nice days of having no schedule, no appointments, no practices are heading out the window and I'm sure I'll be missing them too!  There is a time and a season for everything..... I just hope that I don't forget a kid at school or walk out of the house without a bra on!

2 comments:

Beth Willmore said...

Ha ha - good luck with the no bra thing!! I do that sometimes just if I'm feeling like I need a little attention - too bad it's usually the kind of attention with people vomiting on the street when they see me bouncing (sagging) along!

Julie said...

The farmer comes out in Shawn! The kids look adorable ,as usual. Sam looks so grown up on the first day of school. Meg, you look great. Everything will fall into place with this new baby. It may be hectic for awhile but you will find your groove. Can't wait to see you all, including little Joaquin...yes I still love that name. Love to you all and Happy Birthday Jack...tomorrow 4 years old. You are our little Jack attack and we love everything about you. Miss you all and LOVE you all.