Tuesday, January 29, 2013

A Date with Jack

Shawn and I decided to start going on an individual date with kids, rotating between he and I each month.  This month was Jack and I.  I was really excited about this because I feel like a lot of my time with Jack each day is spent telling him no.  Today was a yes day - we did everything he wanted to do.  He was extremely sweet about the entire experience, and he is already making plans for his next date with Dad.  His list of things to do was:

1 - Dollar Store (this caused a little dilemma for Jack trying to decide which flavor of gum to get).
2 - McDonald's - complete with a Diet Coke - gag! Jack's newest favorite pop flavor.
3 - Barnes and Noble - to play with the trains
4 - Grocery Store (okay this was my choice, but Jack was a good sport).
5 - Dunkin' Donut....however we didn't make it because Max needed to be fed and so Jack was a good sport and substituted a pack of skittles for a donut.

I loved being able to just sit with Jack and talk to him about school, church, friends, and his favorite things.  This is a very rare occasion to get this much one on one time with him.  He made a perfect date, and I can't wait to have another one in the future.

No comments: