Monday, January 14, 2013

Max's Blessing - Visit from Family

Visitors!  Nothing is better than having family come to visit!  We were so excited to have both my parents and my sister, Bobbi, and her husband Dave come for Max's blessing.  We took full advantage of having them with us.  I took mom and dad to Hyde Park, home of FDR.  It is a beautiful home and I love that side of the Hudson River.  We picked up Bobbi and Dave from the train station in Poughkeepsie and took everyone up to the Culinary Institute to the Apple Pie Bakery Cafe!  Talk about DELICIOUS!  I could have ordered everything on the menu, but it was a fun treat to taste all the student chef's creations.  Having visitors is always bitter-sweet because it reminds us how much we miss being near them.  We had a lot of laughs and a lot of good food(minus the sushi - I had my first and last taste).  Thanks so much Bobbi and Dave, and Mom and Dad for making Max's blessing day and weekend such a great event.


Capturing the joy of the moment - Jack is especially excited, and continues to be the goofball of the family!

My twinnee!  Everyone always comments on how much alike Bobbi and I look - if that is the case than that is great, she's always been a beauty.
Shawn gave a wonderful blessing to Max.  I was talking to him on the way home about giving a blessing and what it is like.  He was describing the process for him, which I'm sure is different for each individual, but it made me so grateful for the priesthood.  I am extremely blessed to have as a companion a humble holder of the priesthood, who seeks for guidance and direction, and who can give each of our children blessings from heaven.

1 comment:

Beth Willmore said...

OH my heck you look so beautiful! Your hair has gotten so long! Bobbi is so pretty too, you guys definitely are twins!!

That's fun that you got to hang with your mom and dad & Bobbi and Dave. I can't picture what it would be like to have "visitors" since we live 15 minutes from our furthest relatives! Not so much visitors as "drop by-ers"!

Good job on Max's blessing and the kids look so cute!