Saturday, February 23, 2008

Introducing . . . Sam's Saturday Soup

I've decided to try (and I mean try - it most likely will not be weekly) to do a weekly blog spot on Saturday all about the wonderful world of Sam. He just really cracks me up lately, so here is the debut. Enjoy!

1st - Sam is way into his clothes (so wierd, but whatever). He feels the need to pick out his daily clothes and pjs and he's started to dress himself. Well last night this was his pj choice -



Gotta love those tight spandex-like bottoms! He gets his fashion sense from his dad.

2nd - He is really starting to be a big boy. This morning he dressed himself all by himself, no help at all. Then I told him we needed to brush his teeth and do his hair. So he ran up stairs, started the faucet and with the toothbrush in one hand, and his comb in the other, he started to brush his teeth and wet his own hair. It was great! I'm so proud.



3rd - He made the greatest comment today: I told Shawn that Sam is starting to be such a big boy, and is now fitting into 3T clothes, and Shawn said "Where have I been?" Sam answered, "Probably at school!" It was perfect! I love how much he is starting to put together.

Do any of you have kids who are particular about their clothes??

8 comments:

The Kawasaki's said...

Well, Colin will only wear dinosaurs or trains... I don't know if that counts. Actually his favorite shirt is my pink finding nemo shirt. Sometimes I let him wear it to bed. But I try to limit his wearing it in public...
He also love to floss his teeth (suck on the cinnamon flavored floss), but we are still working on combing his hair.

Amber said...

Megan,
Thanks for the comment on my blog. I hope you call my when you come in March. We haven't seen you guys for so long! Sam is so stinkin cute! keep in touch

Amber said...

P.S. Brylee does the same thing and sometimes we fight before we leave the house because i'm too embarassed to take her out sometimes. Kids will be kids.

Anonymous said...

that's hilarious that he said that to shawn, kids are so smart man!! or at least your kid

Debbi said...

probably at school! that is the best anwer ever! I would have laughed and laughed. Gage has thie one thomas sweatsuit that he wants to wear everytime it's clean...sometimes I lie. I don't buy him character clothes (besides pj) and he always gets them from grandmas so he loves them!

My Everythings said...

I gotta meet Sam. He might even be funnier than you Megs. Not likely, but maybe...

Bart and Kellie said...

Megan - I just found your blog! It's so cute and I can't believe how big Sam is! Our little Jackson is getting big too, he's been dressing himself and is very into his clothes. One day I had to take him to the store in a plastic fireman's coat, dinosaur pajamas, and one of my old baseball hats, because that was the outfit he picked for the day! Hope you don't mind me snooping, its so fun to see you guys! (Maybe if you and all your roomies start bugging Erin she'll finally start one, I've been trying but she can just ignore me, cause I'm just her sister!)

Julie said...

Sammy is so darn cute!! Shawn did have a unique fashion sense as a kid.....he would dress up in the girls dance costumes! Remember the duck outfit?? Love the blog!! See you soon!