Wednesday, February 13, 2008

My Valentine

So I saw this on Katie's blog and thought what better way to share Valentine's Day than by telling you about my valentine:

What is his name? Shawn Kelly Summers

How long have we been together? 5 Years! We started dating in May of 2002 and got married December 21, 2002.


How old is he? 27, but acts like his 16

Who eats more? Shawn, he really can put away quite a bit of food. In fact my family nicknamed him the disposal because he would finish all of the food the dozen of us couldn't manage to stuff in our bellies!

Who said I love you first? This is a toss up - he told me that "he thought he loved me," on like our 4th date (which by the way scared me to death, and he denies saysing this). Otherwise I told him around the end of July after fourwheeling with the Gentas and Holdaways.

Who is taller? Shawn, but I'm not too tough to beat.

What is his favorite sport? Football and Golf. He would love to relive those high school football years, and our biggest fight is over his "need" to golf!


Who is smarter? Me!! Hahah - I have to say that because my family prides ourselves on our superior intelligence! No Shawn is very,very smart and tends to beat me at trivial pursuit more than I like to admit.

Who does the laundry? Me!!!! In fact I had to show Shawn how to run the washer when I left him alone for the first time!

Who does the dishes? We both do - but I prefer to do them so I can get a little break from entertaining Sammy. Shawn never seems to put up too much of fight over that.

Who pays the bills? Me, unfortunately! This is the one responsibility I cannot wait to hand over to Shawn, so that I can say "This is how much I spent today on things we didn't need, now make our budget work!"

Who cooks dinner? I do, this is probably my greatest joy besides being a mother, is feeding Shawn. There is no greater satisfaction than to cook him something he really likes, because he'll go on, and on, and on.

Who drives when you are together? We do paper, rock, scissors for this. I really like to drive, but Shawn hates it that I always want to, so its about 75% Shawn, 25% me.

Who is more stubborn? Definetly me!!!! It is because I'm always right, and if Shawn would just figure that out, things would go a lot more smoothly. J/K - Shawn is too kind to be stubborn, but I do think that I'm teaching him how its done.

Who kissed who first? Shawn kissed me after our second date - he couldn't help himself. One night watching me mini-golf, and he was smitten.

Who proposed? Shawn - he had me drive, and a police officer pick me up for speeding and give me a ticket. I started to freak out because I've never recieved a ticket before - and the police officer told Shawn to check a tail light that was out. The officer brought back the ticket, told me to read over it, and sign at the bottom. Shawn had written "Will you Marry Me" on the ticket. I read it and started laughing, and turned and Shawn was on his knee in the dirty road with the ring and roses. I said yes, only after I recovered from realizing that I wasn't getting a ticket. It was the perfect way to ask me.



Who has more siblings? Me - I have six and Shawn has three.

Who wears the pants in the family? Probably me, but Shawn has squeezed his leg into at least one leg.

Shawn is the best - and if you know him, you'll agree! He is the greatest decision I ever made and I'm so glad that I fooled him into loving me. I love you Shawney Boy!

6 comments:

Debbi said...

I love it! I was going to do this tomorrow for Wade, but I'm not sure if I'll get around to it! I love the speeding ticket proposal

Jennilyn said...

Wow, You too are so cute! I am glad we are friends. This might sound cheesy but I hope we are friends for a long time...

Andrea said...

what a fun post! its always fun to read about you guys!! cute couple you two are for sure! have a happy heart day, and i hope you get to do something fun :)

Team Harris said...

You guys make the best couple! I wish we lived closer so we could hang out.

The Kawasaki's said...

I didn't know that's how he proposed... Thats really funny and creative. I would have been freaking out too. I couldn't even get Kenji to go down on a knee when he asked me officially. I hope you guys are doing well!

Anonymous said...

love the wedding pic, you look way cute, but I secretly know that you were freezing cold!!!!