Wednesday, August 13, 2008

A Name!

We've "officially" chosen a name for our little man:
Its pretty official because its hanging above his crib now, but I guess if he comes out and Jack just isn't right, I'll have to store those letters about and make new ones!
Here's some other pictures of Jack's room, we kind of did a farm theme but without making his bedding John Deere Green! The old black and white pictures are all pictures of both the Summers' farm from 1918, and the Hill (my family's) Dry Farm also in the early 1900's!
I loved the idea giving Jack heritage in his room. Those black and whites are above the changing table.

Finally I have to write that Shawn found out that he passed his first set of board exams!!! YEA!!!! Can I tell you how happy I am, and how much I admire him for doing such a great job in school. He really didn't want me to write anything about the exam, but since when did I start listening to him?? I just have to say again how great he is doing(and how hard he works), and everyone of our friends out here at DMU, its tough work being a student, but they are all doing great! Now that the boards are out of the way, bring on the Baby Jack.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

I love that name and think it fits well with the rest of the family. I really love the idea of the B&W pictures on teh wall as well that have something to do with family.

I can't wait for little Jack's appearance...probably not as anxious as you...

and a HUGE CONGRATS to shawn...yay for you!!

Anonymous said...

How cute! I love the name Jack. You decorated so cute Megan! The room looks awesome.
Congrats to Shawn for passing boards! That is great!

Courtney said...

Yeah for Shawn! What a relief to know that you passed!

As I said the other day, I love the name Jack! And I think the idea of heritage in the room is great! Can't wait to see him!

Andrea said...

Well said..."bring on baby Jack!!" I have to say I adore that name. It fits perfect with a big brother named Sam! CUTE CUTE room, and I love how you decorated everything.

Congrats to Shawn--Steve told me the same thing not to make a big deal and post--oh well!!

Jennilyn said...

Yeah Megan!!! We can't wait for baby Jack. Those letters are adorable, did you Modge-podge them? Oh how does Sat sound for your B-day thing? I was thinking maybe getting some lunch and then do our thing?

cortney and neil said...

I love the name. My aunt Linda just named her baby that. I don't know if you remeber her, but she used to follow us around to all of our competition. Anyways great name. You are almost there that is exciting. And congrats on the boards that is a huge accomplishment.

My Everythings said...

cute name...cute room :) I promise I have something to send the little guy, but I might not get it to you until after he's born. It's hard to find time to sew with a little guy always at my feet. love you, and you look so great pregnant.

Nick and Brent said...

Hi Megan....this is Nicole (White) Mackey....I found your blog on Amber's and thought I'd comment and say hi! It was fun to see what you've been up to, and your little boy is adorable! I cracked up over your comments about Breaking Dawn, have to say I agree with you...but I'm still excited about the movie. Love the name Jack, it's cute. Keep in touch!

Ashton & Co. said...

Yeah it's baby Jack! Love it! Also love his room- those pictures look so good and the letters you did are so cute, too! Good job Shawn on passing the boards, I was so worried!:) Can't wait to meet Jack!!!!! Hope all is well... Love you guys!

Jilene said...

I'm not sure who had more fun at the splash park--Eli or Kaelub. :) Looks like you guys had fun while you were there too. Jack's room looks so cute--are you guys just getting so excited?

The Halls said...

Love the name!!! We have one in our family its so cute of course my bro's little one is named after the infamous Jack Bauer!!! Anyway I hope all is well its been awhile!