Saturday, August 9, 2008

Sam's Saturday Soup - Fishing, Fair, FUN

This week has been really fun and busy. We are really trying to take advantage of the rest of the month with just Sam. We celebrated my birthday on Tuesday, yes the big 25! I have to take a quick second to note that my little brother J.D. and I share the same birthday, and we have always loved sharing the day together, so happy b-day to J, the big 23! My great neighbor Cindi made me an awesome and huge chocolate cake that Sam thought was brownie so loved as much as I did.
Then we went to the opening day of the Iowa State Fair, and enjoyed AWESOME food and weather! It was a beautiful night and we stuffed ourselves with our favorite foods: turkey legs(Shawn), fried pickles (Meg), and hotdogs (Sam). Sam loved seeing the animals - the best place I think for kids is the Animal Learning Center Bldg. next to the Happy Helpers farm thing. They have baby horses, pigs, sheep, ducks, chickens, etc. The kids get to pet some of them and even watch the babies hatch! I was a little bummed though b/c we didn't get to do the Helping Hands exhibit which is one of Sam's favorite things, but to make up for it he went on the potato sack slide TWICE! Yes that's right, my child, who never gets excited about anything asked to go again with a big cheesey smile on his face. How could I not fork out another $10 (I know insane for a slide) - stuff like that never happens with Sam.





We ended the week with fishing at the Pence's. We came out empty handed, but Sam was more interested in the kittens and the pedal tractor!!! He had a ball, and I also have to say I LOVE their house - it really is my dream house including barn, gardens, pond, everything about it is what I would love to have someday.It is just so "homey"! So we had a great week and hope that everyone else had a fabulous week too.





QUESTION of the WEEK: What is your favorite part about the fair???

6 comments:

{Erica} said...

we just walked in the door after spending the day at the fair. My favorite part is the people....seriously I scored like 9 pics of mullets in the first half hour!! And the stuff people wear....love it! I could just people watch all day there.

I also love the cookies in a bucket, lemonade and fried cheese curds...mmmm!!

i hope you had a great birthday. You are such a darling pregnant girl...seriously (I hate you :D).

sounds like an awesome time!

Nicolette said...

K--you need to email me your address, again. I swear I have it somewhere but can't see to find it! Plus, I couldn't read you blog about the new Twilight book because I haven't read it yet and I didn't want any spoilers! You can use my new email at nicmckinlay@gmail.com

allison said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like you had a great day.

We skipped the fair this year, but the best part is all the fried food and the parking. The first year we went we parked in someones backyard. NICE!

you look so cute in your pregnancy picture, I love it.

cortney and neil said...

I've never met anyone else that loved fried pickles. They are my fave. So I read your twilight post. I feel the same way. After finishing it last night I am kind of over it. I don't think I will reread them for along time. They are definitly no Harry Potter :) Oh and Happy Birthday!

Ashton & Co. said...

Way cute pics! Gotta love Shawn's "chicken" leg! I hope you had a great b-day! I was thinking about you!!!!

Julie said...

I really enjoy the blogs! I feel like I am not so "out of the loop" when I can see what is happening in everyones lives. The fair looked like fun! The turkey leg reminds me of Disney land. Congrats again on the board exam Shawn.....we are very proud of you!! Love to all....Signing off as the Harley babe and the "screamin' eagle!!