Friday, August 8, 2008

So I read it - - -

I finished Breaking Dawn two days ago, and have tried to come up with words to describe how I felt about it! I've read a bunch of other people's responses and I think they would concur with my mixed reviews. First I love that Edward and Bella are "officially" together, but on the other hand, does Bella really deserve Edward?? She kind of drives me crazy, the constant whiny, stubborn attitude drives me crazy and I think would Edward and Jacob really want to be with someone like her?? So why does she get to pick which one she wants and they both just stand there like you are the greatest thing in the world, when I want to throw things at her and tell her to stop being such a baby!

Speaking of babies - the whole baby thing really wierded me out, but I liked the idea that it could work out for human/vampire. It also made the book like Erica said a little less believable, which helped me to let go of my mad obsession with them. The others seemed to be more possible, where this one with blood drinking, vampire creating, shield powers, imprinting on infants gave it the ultra supernatural that really isn't my bag, so I think I'm officially over my Twilight Trauma, but I am looking forward to the movie.

So all in all, I liked it, not loved it, but am satisfied with the way it ended although if there is really a guy like Edward Cullen out there, please don't settle for a Bella - be a man, don't let her be all "he's my best friend and I love him in a different way" - tell her to hit the high road! And that's all I have to say about that.

2 comments:

{Erica} said...

totally agree with you! Do you mind copy and pasting this post over on the blog discussion i made. That way others can hear more opinions?

So how that you're done what are you going to read next? I need a good suggestion!

Mandi said...

Just doing a little blog hopping and thought i would leave you a note. YOu are a very cute pregnant lady, and if your baby is half as cute as your little Sam you will have two very lucky little boys!! Maybe Sam and Kallie can hook up in a few years . Just kidding!! Anyway you twilight freaks crack me up. I read the first two books and just couldn't figure out what all the hoopla was about. Maybe I will read the last two and it will be better. I'll let ya know!!