Saturday, August 16, 2008

Sam's Saturday Soup - Reflections


I took this picture of Sam after he'd been outside playing - his hair is so thick and he sweats profusely, so the combo created a great hairdo. I called and made an appointment to get his haircut the next day. This week I'd thought I'd share some of Sam's latest reasoning techniques. When he doesn't want me to do something or wants to do something by himself he tells me its either:

A: "too dangerous for you"
B: "only boys can do it"
C: "too easy for you"

Isn't he a smart little guy, he's already coming up for reasons to get rid of me. Today we set up the pool and got out the squirt guns and buckets. I got the bright idea to squirt Shawn in the face, and needless to say he declared war on me. The bad thing is, now that I'm 8 1/2 months pregnant I can't run away very well, and if I laugh too hard I'll wet my pants. Shawn used this to his advantage and would chase me while doing this crazy trot/dance (see the video) that made me laugh - so I had to sit down in order to control my bladder. I got completely soaked thanks to Sam who while I was sitting trying to get my bladder under control came up with a bucket full of water and dumped all over me. Now I know not to mess with my boys unless I'm fully able to run and don't have a baby pressing down on my bladder.

Yeah the post gets longer! My friend Jennilyn took me to get a pedicure yesterday for my birthday!!! It was great, thanks Jenni for thinking of such a needed and relaxing activity, (my toes were shocked they were getting attention, I usually just wait for the old polish to chip off or grow out). I'm so impressed with the little flowers they put on my toes, very detailed and oh-so cute.
Finally - the Summers' family has completely become obsessed with the Olympics, staying up into the wee hours of the night to watch. I just love to see these athletes defy odds. The two things that Shawn and I keep loving is the way the Chinese give high fives, very sharp and precise - makes us Americans look way lazy, and how Chinese girl gymnasts seem to not have ever hit puberty, they claim they are all at least 15, but compared to those good home-grown American gymnists they are missing some pretty anatomically correct curves. What's your favorite thing about the Olympics??

Oh, Shawn just made a funny joke - Our nieces and nephews call him Slap Jack Shawn (b/c he'd play the card game with them all time). He says that after Baby Jack is born they can't call him that anymore! HAHAHAHAAA! I know, I know . . we'll be here all week!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so hilarious!!!! I wish you guys lived closer. Eric and I have been doing "chinese" hi fives since the opening ceremonies. We think it's pretty freakin hilarious.

cortney and neil said...

You crack me up. I loved the trot run. We watched the marathon last night in the olympics and my mom and I decided Katy should really qualify for that. After watching them I couldn't believe she runs that far. I was tired after the first hour, and I was sitting on the couch watching peach pie. :)

Amber said...

1st: I love the name Jack!cute cute cute!! 2nd:Love Jacks room, you did so good! 3rd: That video of Shawn about made me pee my pants and i'm not even pregos, HAHA!! I totally had to make Broc watch it and he was almost asleep...Loved it. Cute posts Meg, oh and your toes look adorable;)
-one more thing, my favorite thing in the olympics is the gymnastics, I love Shawn and Nastia the two American girls, we also have been up late watching all of it!

Julie said...

I love all your posts! The video was so funny! Well, we made it home safe and sound.....just tired! Kelly does a great job driving the bike. I just sit back, turn up my tunes on the ipod and relax!!! It was great! I love the name Jack...goes so well with Sam! He is such a doll. Keep us posted!! Love you all...

Julie said...

P.S. I forgot to comment on the "Phelps Olympics". Were there other athletes competing in various events? Wow!! They love him! But we have enjoyed watching everything. We have stayed up late watching too. I feel sorry for the other American athletes though....they hardly get any attention. Granted he is quite the jock!! Had to put "Frasier" on hold for a couple of weeks.....

Ashton & Co. said...

What a cute post! I love that video. Nice joke shawn- but how true! Nails are pretty- what a nice thing to do before the baby comes!

Ashton & Co. said...

P.S. I love the gymnastics the most. Is everyone got Shawn Johnson fever over there in W. Des Moines?

James and Jessica Ford said...

I didn't know that you are so darn funny. I love the blogs becasue everyone's true personality come sout. You are hysterical. I can't wait for you to post pics of little Jack...one of my favorite names. Good luck!