Saturday, August 30, 2008

Sam's Saturday Soup

Sam met his preschool teachers this week and will start next Thursday. He is so excited and will be in a class with three friends we know from church and school, so that will be it extra fun for him to have 2 1/2 hours twice a week of fun and learning.

Sam has taken on the role of doctor. Since he's been with me most of my doctor's visit (until recently - mind you) he watches them measure my belly and listen for Jack's heartbeat. Daily he pulls out the doctor's bag and checks the heart beat with the cloth stethascope, uses his measuring tape from his tool set to measure my belly, checks my muscles (blood pressure) and give me a shot in the hand; always reassuring me that its not going to hurt. It is the funniest thing in the world and so adorable. The other day he asked if he could get into my belly. As fun as that would be for him and me, I'm so glad we don't deliver 35 lb. babies.

Finally - we are heading over to the Parks house to watch the opening game of BYU Football!!!! Yea! I'm hoping to jinx the night of fun that Shawn has been dreaming of since December of last year by going into labor. Shawn says if this happens then he'd have to really think about what is more important getting me to the hospital or seeing the end of the game - women used to have babies at home all the time right? Wish us luck - 9 days before the due date!!!


As a side dish - I added this picture that Shawn drew for a geriatric podiatry club. I was loving it and they had it made up into a t-shirt. He is so good, quite the artist!

8 comments:

Ashton & Co. said...

Good luck this week Meg! Good luck BYU football, too!:) Hope you go into labor...let us know as soon as it happens! Sam is so cute. I love that he is the doctor. I am glad you did not take him to your last two appointments...Anywho, Let us know how things are... Tell Shawn NICE work on the picture. That was awesome! What a talent...P.S. Ask him when he is gunna finish the pics of my kids... (ha,ha)

Cassie said...

wow 9 days!!! so exciting, i bet you cant wait!! Good luck and try to get some rest this week, just a reminder newborns make sleep hard!!! Also great pic shawn drew that is amazing talent!!

Andrea said...

Boo BYU!!! j/k check out my blog to see where MY husband ditched ME for the whole weekend.......

I LOVE that our kids will all be in the same preschool class. That Sam sure is a cute boy. You never know you just very well may, have a furture Dr. on your hands...hmm??

Julie said...

Who was the model for the geriatric patient? Kinda looks like Kelly....just kiddin' Kell! Anyway, we are sure excited to see Jack! Keep us informed on the doctor appointments. Love to you all....

My Everythings said...

I hope your labor comes quickly and goes sooooo well!!!!!!! Good luck and keep us updated.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the bag tag! I had a ton of junk in my purse!
I can't believe you are due in 9 days! Well I guess it is less now. How exciting! I can't wait to see little Jack.

mary said...

No kidding, I'm glad that babies aren't born as big as Sam! Just think of all the fun little sizes you'd miss. Can't wait to meet baby Jack. Sounds like Sam is going to be an awesome doctor.

Mandi said...

I am just wondering if your babe has come yet. I have to admit, I am feeling a little left out what with all you pregnant ladies around. Jenna Penny Cortney ect... obviously not left out enough to join in the fun. Just wanted to say good luck and I can't wait to see pix of him. I will be checkin in on you!!