Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Brotherly Love


Jack had his 2 week check up and everything was great. He is 8 lbs. 6 oz. (gained 1 pound) and 20 1/2 inches long, and 50% in everything. He is still doing great, and last night only woke up once sleeping for 5 hours and then 3 1/2 hours! I love this little guy.

The story I can't wait to tell brought tears to my eyes. I told Sam we had to take Jack to the doctor, and Sam asked if he had to get a shot. I couldn't remember so I said maybe. Sam started to scream and cry, and I asked him what was wrong and he said "We can't take him there Mom, he'll get hurt!" Ohhhh.... needless to say I started to cry and comforted Sam by telling him it would make Jack big and healthy if they had to give him shots and it only hurts for a minute. Despite the laying on him to kiss him and poking his nose and face, Sam really does love Jack! I'm sure Jack loves Sam too.

6 comments:

Julie and Kyle said...

he is so yummy!

cortney and neil said...

That is so sweet. I love it when siblings like each other. Mason hated Avy when she was a baby. I hope it is better this time :)

Ashton & Co. said...

What a cute picture! Cute story, too. These poor kids and shots...it must be really scary for them! I really like the new pics on the side, too. You're a little outnumbered!

Julie said...

Sam is so sweet. I love stories of when siblings love each other, since my sister loves me so much....brings tears to me old eyes! Cathie told that when I was a kid she disliked me a lot....I told her she wasn't my favorite either and that was all that was said. Be glad you have the sweet sisters you do.

Brigit said...

What a sweet brother! Jack is such a beautiful baby. I can't wait until Thanksgiving!!!

Elise said...

What a cute story. That is adorable. Also, what a good baby Jack for sleeping! (I'm still thinking about your pumpkin choc. chip cookies. They were sooo yummy. I need to make some!)