Saturday, September 27, 2008

Summers Sons' Saturday Soup

We had a fun and busy week with the two boys, and I'm trying to get use to having two kids (oh, I was so niave to think that I can still get all my "things" done in between feedings, diaper changes, playing with Sam, etc.) Jack hung out with his friend Claire and experienced his first trip to the Blank Park Zoo. Sam being the great big brother he is showed him the ropes, and decided that Jack's favorite part was seeing the lions.
Shawn made a new best friend when we were feeding the farm animals - the llamas couldn't get enough of him, and Shawn loved them back.Sam stayed busy helping me dig up the flower bed and then play in the mud and hunt for spiders in the window wells - and we found a whopper! He's been pretty good with Jack, but seems to be finally feeling the impact of having to share time with another person. I only beat him once or twice a day for climbing on top of Jack to give him a kiss, so I feel like we are doing pretty good (J/K). He's been noticing that Jack doesn't like to have his stomach squished and crys when this happens, and he said to me "Mom, Jack doesn't like me." I asked him why, and he said, "Because I'm mean to him." At least he's making the connection, but this correlation hasn't changed his approach to loving his brother. Overall, he's been really good, and I'm so happy that he seems to love Jack so much.

8 comments:

Brigit said...

Cute pics! Sammy is such a sweetie and Jack is a beautiful baby. I am really impressed that you are out and about! And, I am so glad that Shawn has finally made some friends. What a relief!

Freeman Family said...

Thanks for posting Jack and Claire's pic..I was hoping you would!:) Thanks again for helping me with our blog..oh yeah..glad you guys have those creepy spiders too! Carter is terrified of them!

Shane and Jill said...

HAHA, gotta love sibling rivalry! It happens early on unfortunately ; Jack is SO cute BTW...it was nice to get to see him for the first time last night.

Amber said...

We got your cute announcement in the mail of baby Jack! He's so dang cute, and looks so much like a Summers. Isn't it fun making sure your baby survives the 2 year old that is jealous!? Brylee bit Payson on the nose when we brought him home from the hospital, so we're pretty glad he's made it this far:)

Adrianne said...

Sam sounds like a great big brother. What a sweetheart! Little Jack is so cute. You've got yourself some pretty awesome boys.
Take care!

Ashton & Co. said...

I, too, am glad Shawn has finally made some friends...Cute pics of the kids. I can't wait to meet little Jack and I think it's too cute the way Sam says Jack doesn't like him cuz he's mean. I wish my kids would make that connection...

{Erica} said...

that spider is freaking me out!! I HATE spiders with a passion!

Courtney said...

Love Jack's little hat! What a cutie! I'm glad that I got to see you Saturday. You look fantastic!