Saturday, September 20, 2008

Summers Sons' Saturday Soup

READYSET, GO . . .Day at the Apple Orchard
An Ear of Corn - literally. This is what happens when you swim in a pool of corn, we're still finding in it crevises and corners you wouldn't believe. IOWA GROWN
Jump Pillow
This goat was about 15 feet off the ground, on this tiny platform just munching on some food - he must have been starving!Cowboy Up

Shawn is the self proclaimed master of stiltz - he says he owes all of his success to hours wasted working for BYU's sprinkler crew with Kaelub. They used and ruined shovels for practice.Sam's absolute favorite part of the day was riding the pedal tractors!!! Future Farmer???
This was such a great place and it had the Three Little Pigs houses (straw, stick and brick) that the kids could go inside and act out the story! We had a great day at the orchard, and made away with some cider slushies, cider donuts, and a bag of crisp and deliscious apples!

Here are some parting shots of Jack - he such a great baby, and we're loving him more and more each day.
Newborns are so hard for me to take good pictures of - the camera always seems to catch the strangest angles and expressions, and here's a great example of that.
Soooo Tired

9 comments:

Ashton & Co. said...

Oh how fun! Meg, did you really just have a baby? You look SO good! Jack is so dang cute- I love the faces they pull as a newborn. I think he looks more like you Meg and not as much as Sam anymore. What a cutie pie! Love the pics of Sam, too. Looks like you guys are having a good time! Shawn looks great on Stiltz- if the doctor thing doesn't work out, maybe he could join the circus!

Amber said...

That looks like alot of fun! Man we just need to come see you guys so you can take us to do some fun things. I think Broc misses Shawn. Everytime we see a funny movie ("What Happens In Vegas" for example) he says "I would love to watch that with Shawn" cuz we miss that contagious laugh! Glad you had fun, baby Jack is sooo handsome!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys had a great time. It was so fun to see you guys their, you have such a cute little family.

Julie said...

I LOVE the picture of Jack in the corn....priceless! I am so excited to see the boys. Sam is such a handsome little cuss. I told Shawn that I have been known to not share babies when I finally get to hold them....so watch out. I want to cry every time I see a picture of Jack. I miss you all SO MUCH. I love you all....

Nicolette said...

Few people realize how much fun you can have with a barn full of straw, a few farm animals, and the beautiful aroma of manure. You are a true Idahoan if you can appreciate that! You need to add Jack's cute little feet to your opening blog picture!

Love ya!

Andrea said...

LOVE the new title for Saturday Soup. That little JAck is the cutest little peanut. We must have just missed you guys, we were there in the morning. Looks like you had lots of fun.

Brigit said...

It looks like you guys had a great day. I love Iowa in the fall! I miss all of the trees!!!!

Your boys are darling! Keep the posts coming!!

cortney and neil said...

That looks like so much fun. I really miss living in cities that actually have things to do. Oh well family is nice to. I am feeling good. Just chubby. I am still in that not looking pregnant just fat stage, but I feel good so I'm not complaining.

Courtney said...

How fun! Where is the Apple Orchard? I'd love to take Drew!

Your boys are so cute and I love the one with Jack in the corn!