Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Oh it's taking me back...

My kids have started to have conversations and/or say phrases that I know were in active use when I was a child.  For example:

I can't breathe.... (always a go to when someone is beating you up or you need to get away from them)

He started it! (this is my least favorite, but most heard)

"Mooommm!" (Somedays I wish I could change my name to something really funny so that I hear that all day)

I'm not tired! (usually after a complete break down or tantrum over something completely ridiculous)

I Know That!  (Sam's new favorite phrase of choice.  Yes he does have a little bit of Hill in him and thinks he knows EVERYTHING!)

I'm telling!

I had it first!

*Whack* Thud* Clunk* Slap* .....followed by a wailing cry. (Like the old Batman episodes)

"This is so Stupid!" (I don't like this word at all, and this is always followed by a quick vocabulary lesson on alternative words we could use instead.)

Finally, "I'm so hungry!"This usually occurs minutes before bedtime and used as a delay tactic - these kids need a lesson on what it really means to be hungry.

The further I dive into this thing we call parenthood, the more I respect, admire, love, and am in awe of my own parents who dealt with these phrases x 7!  Yikes, I'm barely able to handle 2 1/2, the half because Lyv's talking still camouflages some of these phrases.

2 comments:

Freeman Family said...

Oh my, we are living parallel lives! We also have, "give it back!, whatever, I'm not playing with you and the occasion shut up..which is completely not allowed and gets you into big trouble! I think Case's first words will be "I had it first!" I am sure it will only get worse and louder when they all can talk! Hang in there mama! Love you!

Beth Willmore said...

I am laughing SO hard! Everytime Wade and I would fight I would give it about 13 seconds before screaming "I can't breathe"! (Probably because it sucked so bad to get beat up by your LITTLE brother!)