Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Pioneer Day

The greatest holiday ever!!  The 24th of July is one of my all time favorite days.  It started out with a 5K, that's right I ran...okay just kidding I ran to the car and back, with a huge donut in hand!  I helped out my sister who was in charge of the race this year.  
Next came my favorite part, the parade.  This is by far the best parade in Idaho because of the floats.  Each year the each ward builds a float based on the year's theme.  The grand prize is always an amazing construction - this year didn't disappoint!
The excited parade goers!
Jack was especially excited about the parade - Big shock: Parade = Candy!  That has Jack's name written all over it.  I swear he is going to have early onset diabetes with the amount of pop and candy he consumed these past 4 weeks. 
But what made me laugh the hardest was Jack coming up with arm fills of chocolate milk (the Farmer's Association passes these out each year) and loving the fact that he was being hosed down by water guns courtesy of the local high school student body officers!  








 After the parade we have a Hill Family Picnic, now hosted at my parents house, and always enjoy great food and family.  We then hit up the rodeo, but this year I was an official party popper and didn't go - too pregnant, too hot!  Next year I'll brave it with the boys, everyone needs to see a bull ride and calf roping at least once.  Love you Pioneer Day - can't wait until next year.

1 comment:

Beth Willmore said...

How did I not see you at the parade? Since mom is an Edgington now we have officially moved our "spot" from the corner to downi n front of Maxine's house. Bummer for no shade! Dang that I didn't see you - but we saw the awesome party going on at your parents house afterwards while we were bbqing at gmas and we wanted to go over and join you! :)
PS your pregnant belly looks cute in the wedding pictures too!