Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Visit from the Tolboe's

Every once in a while you make friends that last a lifetime.  We found these kind of friends in Iowa, and have been blessed to call them some of our best friends ever since.  As a last summer hoorah, and possibly a last residency hoorah... the Tolboe's were kind enough to make the 11 hour drive to NY from Michigan to visit us.  We had a great time, and the kids loved spending time with each other.  The only sad thing is that is makes me wish they were just down the road like they were when we lived in Iowa.  But for now this visit will fill us up until next time.

A big bonus for Lyv was having girls to play with.  Claire and Lyvie played dress ups constantly, which was new for Lyv.  Claire showed her the ropes, because I don't think Lyv was even aware that is what those cute dresses were for.  The older kids had a great time catching frogs, getting messy in the mucky yucky mud pit, playing beyblades, and bowling!  
Yes I introduced the Tolboe's to the joys of Kingston by driving to Hoe Bowl - gotta love the name.  We had the alley basically to ourselves, and we did some pretty serious bowling (I got a whopping 100!) Better luck next time.  Shawn had to work for the first day they were here, but he and Christian spooned over a scary movie and Jenni and I got to enjoy the pleasant site of Thor without a shirt. Not too shabby!

 The kids named this frog something like: Spot-legs Jumpy Leapy the 3rd!
 Landon and Jack attempting a high five!
 Two of my favorite peeps!




1 comment:

Julie said...

Wow! looks like such a fun time. I agree the best friends are the ones that last thru the years. I haven,t seen so many cute kids since you left. I sure miss everyone. So glad you all had a great time.