Sunday, May 26, 2013

Field Trip Frenzy

Jack's preschool has had a lot of end of the year parties and field trips, and it seems a lot of them have occured in the past two weeks.  The first exciting day, was my personal favorite, was a Mother's Day Tea.  I rarely get the opportunity to be with my kids one on one, and so this was a real treat for me.  Jack's class prepared a few songs, a wonderful snack, and made us a heart pin complete with jewelry box!  We even got to make a craft with our handprints.  My heart did melt a little when I saw Jack and my print - we both had a little spot that was paint free, exactly in the same place in our hand.  It just reinforced the love I have for this sweet boy.
We also have been on field trip to the Hudson Valley Children's Museum - and the kids went bananas on all of the cool exhibits there.  We ended that day with an extra special stop to the Culinary Institute's Apple Pie Bakery Cafe for lunch!!



























The next day we found ourselves at the Forsyth Park.  It has a small "zoo" and we got a tour of the animals. Both of my kids braved the challenge of wearing a snake necklace!  Yuck!  I almost threw up watching them do it, but they thought it was pretty wicked awesome....and it was.

We have loved our experience with the Hurley Nursery school and have been blessed to have three wonderful teachers who have worked with Jack.  Jack has had a great preschool year, and I hope he's not too disappointed next year when he's back at home with me as his teacher!!  On that note... Jack and Lyv are only 18 months apart and this year has transformed them into twinees.  I get asked all the time if they are twins because they are about the same size, and yes, pretty close in age.  They play really great together - and Lyv will follow Jack into whatever shenanigans he finds himself. For example at the Culinary Institute it was an extremely hot and humid day, and there is a beautiful area with a cement fountain water spray- Jack headed right for it, no surprise!  Well Lyv followed right behind.  I turned and looked to see our other friends, the Thun girls, standing at the edge, obediently staying out of the water.  I would have joined my kiddos but I was wearing white shorts and thought better of see-through attire.  I love that they have become so close and I hope they will always be this way.
I snapped this candid picture the other morning - I had been feeding Max and Lyv was knocking on the door to come inside.  I ran to let her in and found Jack leading her to the backyard!  I quickly grabbed my camera and caught this precious moment on film.

No comments: