Monday, May 13, 2013

Missionary Mother's Day

I had the unique opportunity to add and additional four sons to our family this Mother's Day.  We had the Elders that are serving a mission here in Kingston, NY over for dinner, and..... for the chance to Skype their families.  The missionaries are only allowed to call home on Mother's Day and Christmas, many of these boys haven't talked to or seen their families for months, so this is a real treat for them and their families, and I must admit for me!  No one in my immediate family has ever served a mission (Shawn's little brother Jake is going to break this streak when he leaves on his mission to Sydney Australia in August!), so I have never had the experience of seeing the excitement and love expressed during these conversations.  It was so much fun - and these are four Elders that we've had in our home on several occasions and have grown to love.    
 Elder Cloward, Elder Vasquez, Elder Bailey, and Elder Berryman

No comments: