Thursday, May 30, 2013

happy memorial day

 We had a full - fun filled day this Memorial Day.  It started off with Jack participating in the Hurley Memorial Day Parade!  I love me a good parade - and this was perfect.  Lucky for Sam, they let family members join in on the fun.  Sam dutifully took his place as group leader and lead all of the preschoolers in a "Happy Memorial Day" chant for the entire length of the parade (thank heavens it's short).  After the parade we headed to Red Hook for our ward's annual Memorial Day Picnic.  This is hands down our favorite ward activity, mostly because of the softball game.  It is my annual reminder of how out of shape I am, and my time to relive my youth of talking a big game, but not having a lot to back it up with!)  All in all it is a lot of fun.

We ended the day down at the creek fishing with our friends the Thun's.  And as luck would have it, Josh caught a river monster.  A HUGE carp, and my boys got in on that action as quick as they could. Shawn's luck was well - Shawn's luck, and he didn't catch a thing, but Sam caught his first "solo" fish - where he did all the baiting, casting, etc. all on his own!







No comments: