Sunday, August 1, 2010

Cape Cod

We've decided that while we are back East, we are going to take full advantage of the opportunity to see places. We packed up this weekend and hit the beaches of Cape Cod. I've always, always wanted to go to Cape Cod, since they are such a popular scene for books and movies, and it was just like I imagined it, maybe better since the kids had a really great time too. We had a wonderful, relaxing day and I'm making plans to do that again before we leave! The homes were beautiful and almost all were in the Cape Cod style with the shingle siding.
One tan line that I never mind getting is from my sandals - I love it!




We spent the day splashing in the water, building "sand castles" AKA mounds of sand, catching hermit crabs, chasing seagulls, and soaking up the sun. Jack spent the day charming the "ladies" - he made friends with every group of women, old, young, in-between, they all LOVED Jack!

An actual FAMILY photo!

Our Hermit Crabs






3 comments:

Freeman Family said...

I am SO jealous you got to go to Cape Cod! I have ALWAYS wanted to go there..even have family that live there and have never been! I am so glad you guys got to spend some family time together and looks like you had a blast!

Anonymous said...

what a great family picture! jack is adorable in it! so fun to see all these great places! you know i know nothing about any of these historic sites but it does "look" fun and I know you love all that jazz. miss you!

Smittys said...

Looks so fun!