Sunday, August 1, 2010

Plymouth Rock

On our way back from Cape Cod we went to Plymouth. There they have the smallest national park in Massachussetts that: The Rock! It was chipped away, broken in pieces and finally preserved in 1912 in a Memorial. They also had a replica of the Mayflower in the harbor, and Sam loved the "pirate" ship. It was really neat to see the birthplace of the colonies, we could almost smell the 1st Thanksgiving cooking while we were there .....



Hello Govenor.....(in a British Accent of Course)

3 comments:

Ashton & Co. said...

I can honestly say that I really am jealous of all your many adventures. you really are lucky to get to live in such a cool place temporarily!! I want to go there so bad! I love all the pics...I am glad you are including some of Rosendale...love the van! (the doors especially...don't think I didn't notice those! ) And Plymouth rock was awesome (did Shawn talk about our play at all?) :) Such cute pics of the kids on the beach. Jack cracks me up and the one of Sam in his goggles is so cute, typical Sam...Lyv is SO darling. I want to kiss those cheeks! Sorry we got cut off from skype...we tried again, but it wouldn't go thru, then our party had to start. Thanks for trying though! We love and miss you guys! Keep those pictures coming! (p.s. Joel and I are thinking of coming to NYC for New Years...got any plans around the 2nd and 3rd?)

Anonymous said...

Megan you guys are so cool. We never even did that in the 3 yrs we lived there! BTW..is that a pink shirt Shawn is wearing? Tell him he looks very manly! We miss you guys already. Oh! And can you email me that snicker doodle recipe since they were the best cookies I've ever eaten!

Jennilyn said...

Wow you guys are livin' it up out there! We better step up our game and get exploring around here! HAHA Just kidding. How fun that there is so much to see out there and I bet you little history lover, is lovin every minute of it! Love ya