Sunday, August 15, 2010

Summers' Shenanigans

Sam finished up his summer camp this week, so we celebrated by having a "drive-in." This is one of my boys favorite things to do, and it really is a fun activity. They decorate their own cars and then watch a movie in their cars. Then we actually went to the for-real drive-in located in Coxsackie (wierd town names here!) We saw Cats & Dogs and Despicable Me (Despicable Me was very cute - we'd recommend it). There is nothing like the drive-in movie, and it is one of my fondest memories as a child. Shawn and I were laughing because his first Drive-in movie he remembers was the Great Mouse Detective (very kid friendly), mine was Good Morning Vietnam (also kid friendly, right?) This was the inside of Sam's car - got love a car with a GPS(right); speedometer (left) and gas pedal (floor).

Shawn wasn't on call this weekend so we walked down the road to a little outlet on the Esopus Creek, that feeds into the Hudson River. The "creeks" here are more like what I would consider rivers, but when you compare the creeks with the Hudson River, I guess it makes sense calling them creeks instead. It only took Jack about 5 minutes to sit in the water fully clothed - and we didn't catch anything, the boys had a great time playing with worms and skipping rocks. Jack would play with the worms and then get freaked out and throw it back in the pail, saying "Yuck!"

We ended the day with a dip in the local pool. Both boys LOVE swimming. Shawn wouldn't let me take a picture of him, so of course I did it anyways! What a hotty! Maybe it's an Idaho thing, but there is something about a farmers tan that Rocks my Socks!

2 comments:

Beth Willmore said...

Ok I love the farmer's tan comment! Only from Idaho would we think that's sexy! I love the drive in movie - Jared and I got a babysitter on Friday and went and saw Salt here in Rexburg and it was lots of fun! (I haven't been brave enough to take the kids yet since it'd be WAY past their bedtimes...)

Julie said...

The picture of Shawn holding Lyv is the cutest thing I have ever seen! The boys look like they are having a great time. You do some really fun things with the kids. What a beautiful area you live in. I always wondered how mothers milk worked....thanks Sam. for explaining it to me. Out of the mouth of babes....how cute! love to you all....Mom