Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Summers Schenanigans


We've had another "eventful" week of regular old stuff here at the Summers' residence. We started the week off is good form with Sam attending a summer day camp. He goes for four hours each day and they get to do great activities and swim with kids their own age. It has been really fun for Sam - he's seen a magician, went rollerskating, and his favorite - learned Karate! He thinks he is the NEXT Karate Kid. In fact we rented the original Karate Kid and watched it together and he's been working on his Wax Ons and Offs.
We christened the bounce house this week - it is such a great way to safely let the kids go CRAZY!

So while Sam is away at camp - Jack and I have been able to spend some time together, which has been really fun for me. He is such a fun little boy, and has the greatest, cutest, most mischievious personality. This is one of my favorite moments.... he decided to wear a bucket on his head like a hat. Not only did he look adorable, but he pranced around in it for about 15 minutes. Finally he decided the bigger bucket would add a nice touch and put it on top of the small bucket! What a goof! He has also developed a love of coloring - especially with sidewalk chalk. He will actually play with this for consecutive minutes. One mishap - Jack found the markers this week and decorated himself and his bed! At first I thought it was just his body, which I thought was cute (hence the picture), then I discovered it marker on the comforter of the bed, and it stopped being so cute!! After a mean session with the Shout - I was a bit upset. Lets just say, Jack is being discouraged from using markers for a while.

I also had a big event this week - I had my big 27th B-Day! It was a great day, and I sure felt loved from all of my family, friends, and kiddos! Thank you to all who wished me a happy birthday in any form, I felt very loved!!! We had two birthday cakes because I don't really like cake. We made a traditional cake with candles to celebrate with the boys - and then Shawn made me a snickerdoodle-strawberry icecream cookie monster! YUM!

2 comments:

Jennilyn said...

Holy COW! That cake looks delish! And jack looks so old in those pictures. I hope you had a wonderful day, I tried calling and left you a wonderful song, but I think my singing scared you away. LOve ya

Anonymous said...

You are awesome! Happy Birthday girlie!! I remember you loving snickerdoodles with ice cream on them =) You seem to be enjoying your new place and that makes me happy. Your kids are stinking cute... as always and Shawn's farmer tan is just plain hot... nice taking a picture of him anyway =) that is so something i would do. Miss you girl!!