Thursday, December 30, 2010

Snow Days

We got our first snow storm of the season and it was perfect. We got about 1 1/2 feet of snow and have been playing in it every day this week.

When I go out with the kids I feel like I have a hard time just standing there and watching, so we made good use of our time, because there a list of things you must do in the snow
#1: Snow Fort#2: Throw the snow#3: Sledding - (Sam was such an awesome sledder, and surprisingly Jack didn't want anything to do with it. I took him down once, he seemed to like it, and I asked if he wanted to go again, and he said no. He preferred swinging on the swing set.)#4: Burying Yourself in the snow - or in Jack's case getting stuck. Snow is such a hard thing for little kids to manuever in, and poor Jack got stuck a lot.#5: Snow Cones - I think Sam decided snow is his new favorite snack. I know many of you are appalled at me letting him eat this snow, but heck I did, I'm still alive right?#6: Snowman - WHen we weren't outside, we were making hot chocolate, playing the Wii, boxing and watching Lyv boot, scoot and boogie all over the house. She is amazing. She hasn't started crawling, but she manages to scoot all over the place. I'm amazed at her flexibility, she literally folds in half, and can do a mean set of the chinese splits. She's so funny to watch.




This picture is so funny because Jack is in huge purple socks and nothing else, and because he locked himself in the swing.... I think I found my new favorite place for him!!!
Just like Mahammad Ali!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Looks like you had a great Christmas. We sure missed you all.What beautiful grand children I have. We are sure excited to see you in a couple of weeks. Love to all