Sunday, September 12, 2010

Summers' Schenanigans

Sam had his 1st soccer game on Saturday. He is on the Purple Dragons, and he had a great time. He's still not quite sure how to run and kick the ball at the same time, but I'm confident that by the end of the season he'll be much improved. He has a really great coach, and other boys on the team who will help show him the ropes. We're going to start calling him Ocho-Cinco since he is wearing #8, and is 5 years old! Jack thinks Sam is the bee's knee's and ran up to him after the game and gave him a big hug. What a great brother.
We also have been taking FULL advantage of the U-Pick farms that we are surrounded by. I guess that is one great advantage of living in the sticks of New York, farms and orchards galore! We picked raspberries on Friday, and have eaten nearly half of our 4 pints worth (Chad Hill Family I know how jealous you all are now - you'll have to come and visit!) Saturday we picked about 10 lbs. of honey crisp apples at Dubois Farm in Highland, NY. They are like candy, it is crazy how good they are and we are highwaying through those as well. Jack is the main culprit of all of this indulgence, he will eat 3 apples a day, core, seeds and all. He also loves the berries and cries for more. Its no wonder he is as "regular" as he is. We had a great time, enjoyed beautiful weather, and AWESOME Apple Cider donuts! Wow, these babies were amazing. Sam was the best fruit picker you could ask for, mostly because he doesn't like to eat the fruit. Jack would just walk up the rows eating the berries or the apples and not really helping. Sam has a future in agriculture.

Shawn knows how to put the scare in scarecrow!



Lyv enjoyed the nicer weather (nicer meaning cooler and not humid) and loved being ohhed and ahhed at everywhere we went.


This is what we brought home and you should see the size of some of the apples -
this one was nearly the size of Jack's head and that is huge (haha - I know that was not a very "motherly" joke but come on you know you laughed!)

2 comments:

Ashton & Co. said...

I will admit...I laughed! :) Looks like great times! We can't wait for November either, I booked the tickets!

Ashton & Co. said...

Hey it's me again...I jsut finished looking at the rest of your posts...I LOVE the pics you took of all the kids! You are really doing a great job with your awesome camera (ofcourse it helps when you have such cute subjects to photograph!) And the BYU pics and Jack's birthday are all so great. Jack is such a firecracker. I love that kid! I hope you guys got the LATE gift we sent him...maybe he can become an artist like his dad! (tell Shawn the fish were just okay to me...I've seen better) :) love ya!